Sunday 15 November 2015

THE YEARS OF YESTERNIGHT

If I smiled today, it was because you made me smile yesterday,
The little lights I've seen, the little winds I felt,
It was because you made me smile yesterday,

The sun is here again today, it shines as it should,
But the stars of yesternight is what I hold on to,
If I cried today, it was because you made me smile yesterday,

Last night it made more meaning,
Yesternight's starlight, was not from yesternight,
The stars I saw last night, it was the light from years ago,

The sun of today reaches me today,
But how beautiful the light of those stars from years away,
Reaching me today as if it were today,

If I'm strong today, it's because of yesterday's light,
If I rise today, it's because I saw yesterday's night,
If I'm here today, it's because we fought yesterday's fight,

I am here because we held hands yesterday,
Wherever life takes, be sure I'll still treasure all you gave,
And in those moments when we'd be life's away,

I'll still treasure all the moments that you gave,
And always remember, that today is today because of yesterday,
If I smile today or if I cry, it's because of all you gave yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?. Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think. You can also share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ by clicking on the SHARE icons.