Tuesday 31 March 2015

THE EVENING


Oh sun, who your light from heaven does shine,
And part the clouds so your rays day give,
Like the light of God, that on men does shine,

The gray clouds, struck with your beauty,
On their walls your rays does fall,
A roar of light, like the rain with no wind,

Oh gracious sun, who behind the clouds still give day,
Light my heart that I may find way,
And remind me even in my grief, to pave the light of day,

That when behind gloomy clouds I do find
Myself hidden, remind me to shine and do shine,
That I may be light to others, even in my saddest night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?. Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think. You can also share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ by clicking on the SHARE icons.