Wednesday 4 February 2015

A PRAYER


Those days I awoke from slumber,
And prayed not a Thank you,
Those nights after hours number,
And I breathed no Thank
you,

Those hours when my thoughts wandered,
Thinking thoughts that's not to be thought,
Those minutes when to another I hammered,
With hurtful words I later recall in regret,

Those days, when night I saw in the eyes of
another,
And walked on, not stopping with a smile,
Those days when to another's night,
I failed to give light with a simple smile,

Those forever gone moments,
When a dusty child i met on the street,
And seeing the hunger in his eyes,
Walked past, even as his eyes stopped my feet,

Forgive me, for those little moments i fail to see,
Forgive me for forgetting how to breathe,
Forgive me for forgetting to ask that you Forgive,
Forgive my blinded heart to all that you give.

Forgive my pale heart for failing to see,
In my fellow man all the good he could be,
Forgive for moments when in my shallowness i think,
That i am in Anyway better than a child,

And on days when my own self I've hurt,
When i think back to all that I've done,
Do give me forgiveness and bless my bleeding heart,
That i May also forgive my failings and my gone,

I know i've erred when i failed to conceive,
Your love and grace in the smiles of a child,
And the moments a mother prays for her child,

Those moments when i see tears,
And can't see How strong they make me,
Those moments that i smile,
And then forget how smiles were tears grown,

Those moments i stumbled and found hope,
Those moments i questioned my faith,
Those moments i asked if you're there,
Forgetting days when to your name i said Thanks,

Forgive when in haste I forget How beautiful,
It is to Have a heart that beats,
Forgive when in haste I forget how beautiful,
It is to Have a walking feet,

And when i Ask if miracles exist,
Forgetting to see little miracles,
In the child that stumbles,
And yet determined to walk,

Forgive for all i Have forgotten to Ask you to forgive,
Forgive and forgive, teach me to forgive,
Forgive my anger, my pride and my Thoughlessness,
Even when i forget to ask, forgive for I'm still a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?. Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think. You can also share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ by clicking on the SHARE icons.