Wednesday 4 February 2015

YOU'RE WONDERING WHAT I'M SAYING


It's 1:04am, I'm thinkin of so many things,
I want to write, i'm still wondering what,
It's 1:06am, and I'm thinking,
 "hey what was that I usually
say?,
You Sometimes don't know where a poem is going, till its night becomes day"
,

Yeah, so true, even a writer knows not where he is going, till
his poem finds its beginning ended at the end,
when he has reached the end of his own poem's end.

It's 1:08am, still walking, always walking, this time on the clock,
I wonder where she keeps going,
Does she never get tired with walking?.
I still don't know where I'm going with this,
I'm not even sure what I'm writing about,
One minute i'm thinking of how this blanket feels on my skin,
and the next, I'm thinking of that generator set at the other compound rumbling like a tin.

It's 1:18am, is ten minutes gone already?,
I still wish i know,
Know what I'm trying to write,
But I'm still as clueless as you,
Looking at the wall, all i can think of, is how my wall is like the moon,
glowing from the light of my phone,
That means i have the sun in my hands,
And the heaven is right in my room.
I'm smiling at my own concept,
but then I remember, i don't have the stars in my room,
Oh well, let me just pretend they're beneath the clouds.

It's 1:28am, I take a deep breath,
and i congratulate you,
for taking a stroll through my mind,
I've written nothing really,
but I've thought thoughtless thoughts,
And I've thought of generator sets and the ticking of the clock,
I've thought of stars and clouds,
Of the moon, the sun and the skies,
Of blankets and of how in the end I've thought nothing meaningful,
But look on the bright side,
I've finally figured what it is I'm writing about;
"This is how your thoughts wander each night, while you lie waiting for sleep,
This is how your thoughts wander by day, and time flows away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?. Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think. You can also share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ by clicking on the SHARE icons.