Wednesday 4 February 2015

THE ANCHOR AND THE RAIN


"Tell me the sweetest things about my eyes" she whispered,
They were taking a walk down the street, hands together held,
He could hear the cold in her voice as the words through
her shivered,
His coat he placed around her and
his arm around her did fold,
And down along the street they went,

Then she could hear his voice, cold but soothing, misty but clear,
"Your eyes?, The sweetest things about them i wish i knew,
They show me that you love me, they show me that you're here,
They speak to my heart when no words need to be said,
They're like the sun sailing upon a stream, telling the stream that dawn has come,

They're the hope I feel when i wake each morning,
The peace I feel when night is falling,
I don't know the sweetest things about your eyes my dear,
I only know that I shall kiss the tears from them and make them clear,
That they may glow for me till my dying day",

No other words were said as down the street they walked,
But in the dark of that night, a smiled upon her face softly played,
And she held him tighter as if she were a ship and him her anchor,
And he held her still as if he were the earth and she his rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?. Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think. You can also share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ by clicking on the SHARE icons.