Friday 27 February 2015

TO BORROW A WANDERING LEAF


To walk tomorrow, to leave today,
To stay in tomorrow, with today here,
To have the mind above the day,
And forget, the moment that matters is right here,

A child by day, the skies do graze,
The teacher speaks, "define me a dream",
If only she could look, and see his gaze,
His look a perfect song, of a child lost in a dream.

I walk in her kiss, this flirty young wind,
Who with sweet kisses, doth leave me behind,
To sway with the grasses, the flowers divine,
To sail to high heavens, with my mind right behind.

Hold her green, and fall in her sway,
Mount on her veins, and by the wind sail,
Wonder sweet child, what makes the trees tell,
Of strength, of hope, of the earth's sweet clay.

Do tell me dear sun, why dost thou love the moon?,
To kiss her all brightly, by night so she glows?,
Tell me sweet moon, what see thou in the sun?,
That you take his every kiss, by night to
sing true?,

What makes the mind wander, in sweet repose true?,
To borrow a wandering leaf, and to all give adieu?,
What sweet songs, do make a child wander?,
And wonder what could lie, beyond the deep blue yonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?. Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think. You can also share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ by clicking on the SHARE icons.